• Advertisement

• Administrator
  •  
    If you have problems with registration or you did not receive confirmation letter, let us know and we will activate your account manually.

Metal Gear Solid watchface port request

A branch of the forum to discuss everything that is connected with Amazfit Bip

Moderator: Bip moderators

Smootch
Mauritius

Metal Gear Solid watchface port request

Post by Smootch » 12 Sep 2018, 19:52

Dear all!

Thanks for being an amazing community and continuously bringing new watchfaces to our Amazfit Bip! I have a request to make since I have no experience in making/porting watchfaces myself.

So Metal Gear Solid holds a special place in my heart and I would love to sport an MGS watchface on my Bip. I know of the one designed by preman_pasar (https://amazfitwatchfaces.com/bip/view/?id=10249) but I would like to request if someone could port this Amazfit Stratos version designed by cristian moscatelli (https://amazfitwatchfaces.com/pace/view/?id=148). I am sure other users would love to have this on their Bip as well and it will be a huge success.

I'm not sure if it's too much to ask or if even possible but is it possible to have the characters change after every hour or so from Snake to Ocelot to Liquid, etc. I've seen a Moto 360 version that does that and it even reads "This is Snake. The time is 9:50" or "Snake? It is now 9:50" (when the person on the codec is someone else).

Might be a long shot but I think it's worth a try? Thanks a lot in advance!

SimsalaBip
WF maker
Germany

Re: Metal Gear Solid watchface port request

Post by SimsalaBip » 04 Oct 2018, 06:53

I took a look at the Pace watchface and I'll try my best to do a good port but give me some time.

This is my first quick photoshop version. All green is text at this moment and will be later in that "glowish" lighter green.
I can't get Snakes face better because of the resolution and the color limitations - this pic is dithered from only 3 colors (black, green and cyan - I can also include white but this makes the pic look to light).

Please comment - this WF shall fit your taste :-)

Image ported to Image

SimsalaBip
WF maker
Germany

Post by SimsalaBip » 05 Oct 2018, 05:36

By the way: Also the Stratos has a color limitation while not unlocked.
This is the original WF in locked mode:

SimsalaBip
WF maker
Germany

Post by SimsalaBip » 05 Oct 2018, 06:48

Here are three kinds of dithered Snake images - with 3 colors, 4 colors and 8 colors:

Image - Image - Image

You can see the difference when you zoom in.

Smootch
Mauritius

Post by Smootch » 03 Nov 2018, 21:59

SimsalaBip wrote:
05 Oct 2018, 06:48
Here are three kinds of dithered Snake images - with 3 colors, 4 colors and 8 colors:

Image - Image - Image

You can see the difference when you zoom in.
Hi! So sorry for the late reply! I thought everybody left me 😅 But I did not get any email notifications for your reply. I shall check this thread more often. Thanks a lot for your help! You PhotoShop work looks great. But could you remove the dotted lines around the WF? Also, I prefer the middle Snake in your last reply.

Do you know if you can get other characters to show up at different times?

Thank you so much again!!!

Jandale
Philippines

Post by Jandale » 06 Feb 2019, 12:23

It already looks great...👍 hope you can make a 12hr format too.. It would be awesome..🤩🤙

swas
WF maker
Spain

Post by swas » 15 Feb 2019, 09:30

Hello!

Where I can download the BIP version of this great watchface?

Thanks!